There are various types of gases available in the market like air, helium etc. Out of all these, there is also a type of gas, which is known as calibration gas.
What is calibration gas and calibration gas mixture?
A calibration gas is nothing but a gas or mixture of gas, which is used as a reference gas in calibrating various analytical instruments. These instruments are named as gas analyzers and gas detectors. The nature of the calibration gas should be very carefully defined and it should be of proper composition. Its composition can be like a zero gas or span gas.
Uses of calibration gas mixture
- Calibration gas mixture is used for calibration of measuring instruments like gas detectors.
- Calibration gas mixture also plays a very important role in various technologies and experimental test where this gas mixture is required in very small quantities.
Different types of calibration gas mixtures available in market
Below are the 4 types of calibration gas mixtures:
- Non reactive single gas mixture
- Non reactive 2 gas mixtures
- Non reactive multi calibration gas mixture
- Reactive multi calibration gas mixture.
Different gases used for calibration gas mixtures are as follows:
- Carbon dioxide
- Carbon Monoxide
- Pentane etc.
Various calibration gas mixture suppliers and their specialties
- Argus-Hazco –This Company deals with all industrial, safety and environmental monitoring equipment’s and also provides services.
- Linde LLC – Murray Hill, NJ –They provide various services to clients like shielding and fuel gases for welding works and also deal with calibration gas mixture and some other high priority gases. It deals with Voc calibration gas mixtures.
- Chemtron science laboratory Pvt Ltd- They have number of calibration gas mixtures which are made by gravimetric / volumetric methods keeping in mind national and international standards.
- D gas- They offer wide range of gases, which are used in different types of appliances. They have calibration gas mixture for PFT machine, which consists mixture of carbon dioxide, oxygen, helium and balance nitrogen.
- KEN Industrial gases PTE ltd- This Company is established since 1980. It is leading calibration gas mixture supplier in Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam. They are having a variety of mixtures, which can be used, in all types of analytical instruments and detectors.